So what's on Matt's plate every day?
Without fail, Matthew has me or granma cook "liang zhai yi tang" (2 dishes, 1 soup) for him every lunch and dinner.
Like daddy, he loves his meats. So a lot of meat talk here.
1. Ngo he (threadfin) - most expensive of fishes we feed him. If it's purchased same day from market, I will steam it with ginger, tomato. The soup is sweet and delicious. More than 2 days since marketing day, it gets kinda fishy, not so great for steaming. Will then pan-fry it and cook it with ginger and black sauce. Recently, I discovered another wonderful way of cooking it - Nomu Seafood Rub - Matt loves it! The spices are also great for our BBQ. Can be purchased from NTUC.
2. Cod fish - another expensive one. Usually steamed with just tomatoes and ginger; or I add in some teriyaki sauce. Nomu Seafood Rub will work, too, I am sure. Will try it.
3. Salmon - this I usually use Annabel Karmel's salmon skewers recipe. Tweaked it a little to use slightly lesser honey as Matt doesn't like them too sweet.
4. All other fishes, usually my mother-in-law will cook for him. Pomfret, ngo he soon, garoupa, and all other fishes I don't buy because it's too big for me and hubs to eat on our own.
5. Beef is Matt's absolute favourite. I buy from the grocer 200g, it's enough for only 3 meals! Styles - with spring onion; stewed (my MIL makes a real good stew!); pan-fried in butter or olive oil after marinating with Nomu One for All spices.
6. Hainanese pork chop, stir-fried pork, chicken, minced chicken, minced pork, roast chicken, grilled pork, sweet sour pork. Meats - he loves!
7. Vege, I would say his favourite is brocolli. The rest - heng cai (Chinese spinach), English spinach, cai xin, xiao bai cai, etc - we hide them under the meat and rice.
8. Soups - potato/carrot, leng ngau (lotus root), watercres, pumpkin, sweet potato, corn, my MIL's many types of herby soups. All he loves.
I still cook separately for Matt, but increasingly I am trying to not do that. But that would mean food is really cold by the time hubs get home, so still working this one out ...
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment