On to the freebie. We stayed in a luxurious 2-bedroom suite with an attached dip pool. Free of charge. Damn nice. It was our first of such luxury. There was a king size bed in the master bedroom, and 2 twin beds in the other; flatscreen Sony TV in every room; dining area; a full-scale kitchen where I could wash conveniently and even do some light cooking; washing machine and dryer if I needed to do laundry. Nice.
The morning we left, I was worried to see Matt spotting a runny nose. By the time we landed, he was running a slight temperature. Sigh! I would normally let him fight it himself, but since we were on vacation, I Zyrtec-ed him right away. He was definitely not tip-top especially the first 2 days, but was a trooper through and through! The discomfort he felt never fazed him a single bit. Me? I was down by day 2. And I felt miserable but soldiered on, too.
We played in our private pool and at the playground which was usually empty since I felt we should be socially responsible with so many young children around. We hit the public pools when his runny nose stopped!
What I really love about vacations is the time that hubs get to spend with Matt without having to think about work too much. We don't have to do a lot. It's lovely just being together.
Hours in the office and work commitments take him away from Matt a lot. Like how he had to take off the next day after we landed to make an arduous business trip and will only be back Saturday night. I am miserable when he's away, but I imagine it must far worse and painful for him to be away from the family. So vacation time is the time he can somewhat switch off and just focus on some quality time with Matt.


One of the two highlights of the trip for Matt is the slide! We went again and again and again.




The other highlight is BUGGY! He really loved it, and we had several episodes of meltdown because each time we walked out of the room, he wanted to take the buggies parked there.


We were also surprised that Matt loves tomyum soup. Both times we had the soup, they were slightly watered down versions, but still the unmistakably spicy and sourish soup that tomyum is. I am happy that he likes one of my favourite soups.

We felt that Matt seemed to somewhat "mature" after each vacation. Maybe it is the exposure and how we take the time to explain everything to him. Whatever the case, it is always wonderful to get-away, although in all honesty, I am quite tired. But as with all trips, as long as my boys are happy, I am happy :-)

One of the two highlights of the trip for Matt is the slide! We went again and again and again.
The other highlight is BUGGY! He really loved it, and we had several episodes of meltdown because each time we walked out of the room, he wanted to take the buggies parked there.
We were also surprised that Matt loves tomyum soup. Both times we had the soup, they were slightly watered down versions, but still the unmistakably spicy and sourish soup that tomyum is. I am happy that he likes one of my favourite soups.
We felt that Matt seemed to somewhat "mature" after each vacation. Maybe it is the exposure and how we take the time to explain everything to him. Whatever the case, it is always wonderful to get-away, although in all honesty, I am quite tired. But as with all trips, as long as my boys are happy, I am happy :-)


Love the pic of H and M. Big H and Small M. Carbon copy. Just realised that their initials are H&M!
ReplyDeleteTime to shop?