Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How Does He Know?!!

Matthew used to fall asleep himself but with me in the room, and would sleep through the night on his own after. However, ever since my hospitalization for hyperemesis in the first trimester, he would wake up in the middle of the night and call out for me, and I would have to waddle over to his room. Out of pregnancy fatigue, I have given up the battle of re-establishing the sleep regime with him, and just sleep with him all the way till the morning.

Some nights, I will steal away after he falls asleep and get hubs to sleep with him instead. But somehow, he would know it's not me, and will not fall asleep until I return to him. My mom says that it's him "acting up" with the arrival of a new sibling. Who knows.

But a little funny snippet.

Few nights ago, hubs barely fell asleep when the little boy stirred and did his usual stetch-hand-out-and-feel-if-someone(mama)-is-there. Hubs held his breath, and for a while, little Matt seemed convinced in his sleepiness that all was well.

Till he snuggled under the blankie and touched hubs legs.

Leg hair.

Sits up and examined the shape. And started bawling.

You'd never think they are observant about these little things, but guess they do. Time to make hubs shave his leg hair for some peaceful sleep. Heh! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment