Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wardrobe

This must be the worst ever state my wardrobe has ever been in.

Before we conceived Lucas, I stopped myself from buying clothes. During pregnancy, thinking that this might possibly be the last time I get pregnant, I didn't buy much except for one or two more basic pieces which I needed when I realized the elastics of the old ones have gone down the drain.

Post-delivery, I survive on 2 dresses. For home (when I need to be a little more presentable like when we have guest), AND for going out. Most days, I am in my pjs from day to night. For I can't yet fit into my old tees and shorts without looking like a bak zhang, and I am sort of swimming in my maternity wear.

The weight from this second pregnancy is proving to be rather stubborn despite me breast-feeding. I remember I have lost 90% of my weight gain with Matt by the 3rd month, but I step out these days and people congratulate me and ask me how many months along am I. For that, I try to always have my bulging tummy's raison d'etre with me - little darling Lucas.

Sigh.

Back to clothing. Last week, feeling miserable from fatigue and hormonal imbalance, I stood in front of my wardrobe and I broke down in tears. So I decided I had to go shopping even though on hindsight, it wasn't the lack of clothes that made me cry. But what the heck, any reason to get out and break away from the monotony of life caring for a newborn and a toddler. Fortunately (I say fortunately because if I failed, I believe I would have been even more miserable), I managed to find 2 dresses from Mothers En Vogue. They have great dresses which I love.

So now I have 4 dresses. 2 old ones, and 2 new ones. Not too bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. Well done :) The transition period is always difficult but then you're already enrolled into the best weight loss programme out there - mothering!

    ReplyDelete