Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Cute Parrot in My Home

For the last few weeks, Matt has been parroting everything we say when we talk to him.

At dinner table, he wanted the carrots in the soup.
"Matthew, what is this?" (I point to the carrot)
"This."
"Yes, this? What is it called?"
"Called."
Seemingly losing patience at not getting his carrot, he exclaims
"I want the cawwets!"

"You are a naughty boy! Boo!"
"Boo boo boo"

He smiles cheekily and loves it when I animate.
"Oh no!" (bring both my hands to my mouth and gasp)
"We are late!"
He chuckles endlessly "Oh no!"

"Jonah did not listen to God, and went on a boat in the opposite direction"
Silence, staring hard at the book, waiting for me to turn the page.
"Thunder! Lightning! The boat rocked and rocked and rocked" (I move the book up and down)
My boy goes
"Oh no! Rok rok! Yightning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment