One of them is dealing with hubs busy at work. I know he is tired. But it doesn't stop me from making some demands out of my own frustrations. I try not to, but I fail miserably most of the time. Still, they don't get heard, or the message gets across differently (I am guilty of the women-don't-say-what-they-want problem). Today, for once, I did not make any demands. I went about my own way. But I feel down.
But it's Christmas eve, and I choose to think happy thoughts, to give thanks this Christmas.
For God has blessed me with a son who calls me "mama" with such tenderness when he is sleepy, and with such excitement when he sees me arrive home after work;
who gives me hugs and kisses, and shouts "I yove you!";
who never fails to smile in the mornings if it is me waking him up from his slumber;
who laughs and giggles so hysterically when I give him a mega tickling session;
who makes a dash to jump into my embrace whenever I open up my arms (and killing my bladder, my womb and/or my chest at the same time with his powerful lunge);
who somehow knows mommy is feeling down and gives the biggest hug and kiss!


The best gift for Christmas we can ask for is... our children's love and smiles...
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, CT...