Last two nights, I decided to 'sleep train' Matt. Nothing too drastic. I don't think I can deal with cry-it-out method, not even when he is older now. What's more he is older now!
Matt usually falls asleep to me pat-patting him on the sofa in his room, then gets transferred, deep in sleep, to his cot.
First night, I plonked him into his cot directly and pat-patted him there. He protested, but he didn't fight too much since I was doing the usual patting. And he fell asleep soon enough.
Last night, I did the same, but no pat-patting this time round. I laid down to sleep on the sofa and told him mama's here repeatedly each time he made a big fuss and pretended to wail. Some bursts of violent protest, but nothing that melted the weak steel in my heart. I heard a lot of shuffling all about the cot. Sleep sleep, baby, mama's here. Sleep sleep.
And he did.
I don't know when or how. Cause I fell asleep first.
I was SO tired.
Lets see how it goes tonight.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Not bad... Matt can sleep on his own in his own room...When did he sleep solo?
ReplyDeleteI had made a mistake of not letting Ryan sleep on his own when he was young... now I can forsee him sleeping with us till he is 7...???