Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sherlock Holmes in Shock!

It was gone! Left my favourite pair of earrings on my study table, and one morning, there was only one side left. I searched high and low, determined to find it. I finally gave up after days of combing the house, and concluded that it might have fallen into the bin nearby and the helper cleared it. Boo hoo hoo!

One night, a few days after I gave up, I looked at the earring, then at Matt who was playing nearby. I decided to humour myself, afterall, only one side of earring, as good as useless. I said in a jest to hubs, maybe Matt will know where to find it. Hubs laughed at me and called me a lunatic, something to that extent.

Hubs laughed even harder when I got into Sherlock Holmes persona, pretended to look suspicious as I handed over the earring to Matt. He smiled, and I thought he had this look. Of recognition. I must be imagining things. He fiddled with it, then got up and traipsed over to his room.

Sherlock Holmes followed suit, tip-toeing as (s)he followed the little toddler, providing lots of entertainment to the strange man laughing behind. Weirdo!

He climbed onto the sofa, and dropped the earring into the crack between the cushions.

Ah-ha! There you go! Caught ya!

Sherlock Holmes stuck her hands in. Suddenly, Sherlock Holmes was no more!


I FOUND BOTH SIDES OF MY EARRINGS!! There in that crack between the cushions!!!

Oh my darling Matty Matty Matt!!

At that point, hubs and I were literally rolling in hysterical laughter. Matt, seeing us as such, laughed with us, too. I simply cannot believe it!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete