And then to try and capture what I see with my camera. Typically, I will try and try to adjust the perfect shutter speed and aperture, shoot and shoot, then keep my fingers crossed that the prints will come out great (those days, with film, you never know what you gonna get).
I don't get as much time doing landscape photography these days. I miss it. It has been overtaken by portrait photography. Which is, to me anyways, a completely different thing.
With landscape photography, my subjects - the mountains, seas, long stretches of beaches, amazing canyons and lakes, skies so blue, green gardens - all stand still for me as I attempt the perfect shot.
Portraits - I suck at it. My subject looks left, right, up and down. Fidgets. Runs. I am never quick enough. Sometimes, by the time I get my camera, the act is all over. My lighting is always inadequate, or too much. Once in a while, I get good ones. But never consistent. Which is frustrating. I wanna take better portraits of Matthew, and people in general. I want to take shots like they do in the studios. So nice.
Oh, and bless Steven Sasson for the invention of the digital camera. I can now practise without thinking about the costs of film and developing.
So practise I will, and improve I hope I will.


Those were on film? Amazing shots! Like you I'm more of a landscape person than a portrait one. Never good with anything that moves!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chubs, yeah, those were on film :) When I developed them, I requested for the images to be digitized at the same time, but the reso wasn't great, but good enough.
ReplyDelete