He's asleep now, finally.
While tonight's "unconsolable episode" is a first, situations as these where Matt displays extreme clingy-ness generated some flak from many quarters, especially the in-laws, including the helper, and not sparing hubs. We even went to the extent of trying to discipline him in an attempt to make him more independent. Clingy-ness has become a "bad thing." I questioned myself, and wondered if I had done things wrong to cause such a "symptom."
Honestly, all I have done is to be a mother. A doting one. The more I think about it, the more seriously I think that there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's natural. And I feel strongly that the strong attachment should not be viewed negatively! Matthew is just a little kid who needs and wants his mom. All perfectly natural! Why train him to not want me so much? It's just against the laws of nature.
I should count my blessings, and treasure times as these. I love my boy. And it's great and right that he loves, wants and needs me by his side.


No comments:
Post a Comment