Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Love You

Dear Matthew,

You were born this day 2 years ago! Holding you in my arms seconds after you were delivered, mama was emotionless. Not happy, not sad, not relieved, not anything. Numb. I didn't know what to feel. It was only after mama was wheeled out of the delivery suite that tears came flowing freely. Tears of fear, tears of relief, tears of joy, tears of amazement, tears of gratitude, tears of love. These were the emotions that stayed with mama throughout the last 2 years, and probably for many many more years to come.

Time very quickly pass us by, and here you are today, already 2!!

You are now capable of so many things, some, mama and papa played a part in teaching, a lot of others we don't know where you picked up from.

You sometimes throw seriously bad tantrums, but you are super cute when you do it and try to peep to see why we ain't responding.

You bit mama, and especially only mama, when your molars were coming out, and when I scolded you, you learnt to melt me by giving me the "oh no i am so sorry mama" look.

Sometimes, you are outright unreasonable, like how you seem to want me to pat you through the night in your sleep!

You don't eat like your foodie parents, you don't sleep like your sleepyhead parents! Why?!

You are now capable of counting, imitating, talking, and say the darndest things that make us smile and swell with pride!

You smile and melt the hardest of hearts.

Your innocence makes me want to protect you forever.

Your frown ... omg, you are like your papa through and through!

It amuses me each time you see a baby and you call him/her "baby!" You are still my baby!

I love to see you toddle around. Initially very ungainly, but now, you are so much more sure footed. I still cannot believe you are 2!

You are the pride of mama's and papa's life.

We love love love to hear you read and animate.

You remind mama that life is not worth sweating over the little things. You remind me that life is filled with things to be thankful for.

You give mama the biggest hugs, and I especially love the ones you run with all your might and throw yourself into mama's arms so trustingly.

And yes, son, mama will always catch you.

I am enjoying the ride on our road map so far, and am looking forward to more! Happy birthday, Matty Matt! Love you to bits, baby!

1 comment: