I look forward to the bedtime routine I have with Matthew every night, and I believe he does, too. He would drop his toys willingly and go upstairs to his room, takes his books, toddle over to me and plonks himself on my lap and we read and read till it's milk time.
In the last one or two months, he started "reading" on his own. This is one of the many stories I love to hear him tell. Jonah and the Fish.
".. got on a boat .. boom! thunder ... (no idea what he is saying) ... captain .. run away .. captain .. captain ... helping .. throw .. throw .. THROW! .. dark water ... please God help me .. the big fish eee swallow ... glub glub glub ... (no idea what he is saying) .... Jonah go home!"
I never really knew how much of what I read was absorbed by the little boy until these outward display of him reading out loud. It is so interesting hearing him tell stories through key words that he remembers me reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment