Hubs and I were en route for work when we spoke about our little boy.
We know some parents who want their kids to grow up quickly, so they can feed themselves, so they can be older and wiser. Nothing wrong with that. Some days, I do wish for the same things. But hubs and I realise that we are parents on the opposite end - we wish for Matt to stay the way he is for a little while longer. Looking back, we realise we were like that at every stage of his development. Crawling, we wanted him to crawl longer; toddling, we want him to waddle and not run too soon.
I remember we took a video of his early words. Each time something dropped because he was either clumsy or outrightly demonstrating his newly acquired throwing abilities, we would ask him, "drop or throw?" and he would imitate us. It was not the perfect video, but we thought we would come back from our 1.5 weeks vacation and take a better one.
We came back, and he never said those words the way he said it then, ever. And we were lamenting about it for days on end how quickly he moved on.
If there's one thing many people agree about Matt, it is that he is goofy. And I so love love love his goofiness, his silliness, his innocence, his blurness.
Goofing around at yeye's house
I want him to stay goofy like this, just for a while more ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm feeling it off late too, that the kids are growing up too fast.
ReplyDeleteAnd just a few months back I was wishing they'd grow up faster...