Now, Matt's school organized aFamily-cum-Children's Day celebration to Marina Barrage, and we were asked to "bring a kite (optional)". So I turned to ask hubs if he knew how to fly a kite, and if we should bring one, after all, Matt loved the sight of kites when we were there some time back.
Hubs, in all macho-ness, did NOT tell me he could not fly a kite himself. "My father and I flew one probably like 20 years ago I think, hopefully I can do it." Great! All settled then. Over the next few minutes, though, the storyline changed, and he finally admitted that it was also his dad who flew the kite. My dear husband.
So. We decided we would try and make our little boy happy on Children's Day. Matt went out on an excursion with daddy dear to buy his first kite.
In the morning's extreme heat, while playing some games with his classmates, our thoughts were constantly with the kite. Heck, we decided to be delinquents and skipped the next game to try flying the kite!
Then we went back to playing more games with Matt's classmates, after having satisfied ourselves that we could fly a kite!
Happy Children's Day, little Matt. With lots of love, your crazy parents.


No comments:
Post a Comment