Matt is struggling with post-holiday syndrome. Especially when being dropped off at school.
I prep-ed him on the plane ride home, and over the weekend when we were back. He protested, cried some, but nothing prepared me for what was to come, especially when he seemed to take it okay on Monday.
Tuesday onwards, oh my! I do believe this is the hardest I have seen Matt cried in his 3 years. Maybe he is bigger now, and as such, he cries louder? I spent almost 30 minutes trying to pacify the little boy, and in the end, put on the fake-est smile as I waved goodbye to him telling him I will be back. Him? He wailed while being restrained by not one, but two teachers! Image of him lunging at me, crying with tears streaming down, yelling "mama, mama, mama, mama ..." stayed with me through a sucky day at work.
Progressively, the situation is getting better. But he's still at it even this morning.
I guess it's hard for him to reconcile why he can be with mom 24/7 for a week, then the next moment, he is shoved right back into the system where he has to be away from his favourite person for what must seemed eternity to him, as is for me. Poor boy.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment