Fish bone. 1.5cm in length.
Not once.
But twice!
Kept both the bones on a piece of tissue to remind myself how horribly careless I have been, but think my helper threw one away by accident.
Both times, Matt spat the food out, and told me "don't want." I thought he was trying to be funny about not wanting vege. So I tried to sift the vege out from the mouthful of food he spat out, and there it was ... what close shave! :-(
Horrible me!


What a close shave! It'll be good if you can teach Matt to identify bones so that he knows to spit them out in future. The first time Evan did it, we praised him for being such a clever little boy so he knows that he should spit out bones if he feels any in his food.
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up over it, such things happen. Rather than stress ourselves over it, it's better to teach our kids how to handle it. After all, we can't be present at all their meals. They will need to learn to eat on their own eventually.
That is definitely scary.
ReplyDeleteIt is my ultimate fear too...