Tuesday, June 23, 2009

".. Not Very You Wor .."

I shared my blog with a dear friend.

The feedback, via msn - "not very you wor .. it should be cb! my breasts bleeding lor! but i still love you matthew!"

Well, that's how we speak on msn every day. You see, we get pretty worked up when we trade stocks, and when the market misbehaves (70% of the time!), we get emotional and have to let it all out while maintaining a straight face in the office. Expletive only please! Wuahahahaha!

Breast-feeding. What an experience! I breast-fed Matthew for about eight months. It was great bonding time, and how amazing is it for me to be able to nourish my child just like that. Just Like That. I remember looking forward to going home from work for that last feed before Matthew goes to bed. It was the highlight of the day for me! Pumping was not fun at all.

They said that babies have withdrawal symptoms once the mothers stop breast-feeding. To be honest, I think it is the mothers who face that issue. I couldn't do it for the longest time. I'd have 1001 excuses for prolonging breast-feeding, which I denied when hubs accused me of not wanting to give up breast-feeding. Maybe it was because I felt that I wanted to make up for being unable to breast-feed completely by feeding him longer? Maybe. But I just loved the emotions I felt when breast-feeding him, and that alone was excuse enough for me to continue.

Not all that nice and dandy this breast-feeding business, though. It is seriously very hard work. And my dear friend is right. In his words, "... cb! my breasts bleeding lor, but i still love you matthew!"

2 comments:

  1. Your dear friend sounds v interesting wor.

    U shld treat him eat abalone if u earned from abalone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I know "that friend"? Sounds very like "that person" wor! Haha.
    Bleeding? Sam, you a masochist!
    EEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwww
    C

    ReplyDelete