Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mama Ching!

Last night, Matt did something out of the ordinary.

Every night at bedtime, he would want me to lie down by his side till he falls asleep. Usually, he talks himself to sleep while I am out like a fly. Last night, though, after about 10 minutes, he said,

"Mama, chit up pwease!"

I groggily abided to his request, sat my lazy bones up, then in the total darkness, he found his way onto my lap, and said,

"Mama ching!"

It took me a while to understand what he wanted me to do, then I remembered I was singing in the car earlier in the day, and he had been smiling seeing me do that.

So I started singing some hymns that I know, then he rested his head on my chest and hugged me till he was sleepy and went to bed.

Sweet surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment