Yesterday, I brought Matthew out for the SSO Babies Prom, a concert featuring famous classical music specially tailored for young young children. After the concert and lunch, Matt and his friend, Izzy, ran amok around the Singapore River Taxi (another boat ride!) and all around the Esplanade. He knocked out as I drove us home.
As I carried him out of the car and up to his bed, he hugged me tightly and I could feel his little frame wrapped all around me, his weight completely slumped on me. I must've done this a thousand times, but each time that I carry him this way, when he is not struggling and trying to wriggle free, I would feel a rush of emotions that is pretty much indescribable.
Sometimes, as I lay him down on his bed, he briefly opens his eyes, sees me, and smiles dreamily and goes back to sleep. So serene. So innocent. It is in these quiet moments that I take stock of all things good and say a quick prayer, thanking God for all that He has blessed me with.
I could stay on forever watching him sleep, but errands beckon, and I quietly ninja out of his room, leaving him to his sweet slumber.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment