Monday, December 27, 2010

Stomach Virus

It seems that there is some serious stomach virus going on, according to the pediatrician. She saw many cases yesterday and today. This is Matthew's second time in a month!

Received a call at work today from my father-in-law that Matt looked pale after his nap, and more importantly, was somewhat lifeless and weak, which is very atypical of the little boy. He looked perfectly well this morning when I dropped him off at the childcare, so I thought I'd wait and see. Shortly after, one more phone call came in informing me that Matt didn't want any dinner. By then, I was already on my way home. When I got into the car, they told me he threw up just before they came to pick me up.

When I reached home, I carried him and he just slumped over my shoulder. Then, everything happened so quickly. I stepped into the house, and he threw up. Wave after wave after wave after wave. My whole back was soaked through, and the floor was literally filled with his vomit. The whole entrance to the house. My heart just broke into pieces seeing him in such discomfort, and at the same time trying to be brave and making sense of what was happening to him. He clung on to me as I held him tight and carried him upstairs to clean up before we headed to the doctor at my father-in-law's insistence. The poor man was also worried sick to see his grandson this way.

Hope his stomach settles down, and he will get well again soon. Sigh.

1 comment: