Although it started on a negative note when we had to postpone it by a week because Matt was unwell, it was nonetheless a great party although we missed the presence of some good friends with such last minute changes!
This year's theme was racing cars! It took the edge over trains and ships because it was just easier finding all-things-cars given the time frame I had in planning this party.
Plus I was in the mood for DIY. Lifting off ideas from google, I created my own invitation cards, party banner and made the effort to personalise gift packs along lines of racing cars. I also personalized water bottles so that we would not have instances of cups being mixed up, and the bottles also minimized spillage. I created labels then taped them onto the bottles using clear masking tape.

What is a party without the toys to help parents tire their kids out? :-) The kids had a great time playing on the slide, seesaw, angelfish rocker, trampoline, but the highlight of the lot was the pirate ship! The kids just congregated around the ship and had a great time splashing about.
We catered the famous nasi lemak from Selera Rasa for the adults, and hubs cooked up a mean beef pasta bolognaise for the kids in addition to chicken nuggets and fish fingers.

Matthew and his friends and cousins
A very happy birthday boy complete with his racing car t-shirt and ferrari cake
I grew up never having a birthday party like this, it is just the way that my family is. Some years we have a birthday cake, some years we just don't. So I have never been a great champion of such celebrations. But now that I am a mother, I feel it is wonderful to put a smile on my son's face and to see all the kids enjoying themselves. Totally worth it!


Happy Birthday Matt! Sorry we missed the party! It looks like a lot of fun! Hope to meet up again soon!
ReplyDelete