Thursday, December 30, 2010

In Time for New Year!

The stomach virus hit hard, but good thing about it is, it passes fast with medication. Matthew was prescribed motilium suspension (domperidone) which stops him from throwing up, and was given a suppository of the same substance on standby in case the vomiting worsens. Thankfully, we did not have to use it.

We found Hydralyte to be especially good in restoring energy and to keep him hydrated.

I was not aware of how contagious stomach virus is despite warning from a friend who is a "seasoned" daddy until I started having shivers, severe body ache, nausea and up down temperature reaching highs of 38.5C for 1.5 days. I did not throw up since I had zero appetite and hardly ate but I sure felt miserable. Caring for a sick child (or rather, the inability to effectively do so) while being sick must count as one of the most miserable things in a mommy's life!

This morning, we both woke up feeling much much better, so I hope we are well on the road to complete recovery, all in time for the New Year weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that u and Matt are well...
    Happy new year...Sam...time is passing so fast hor?

    ReplyDelete